$500 Credit to Student Accounts
SIA students may be eligible for a credit to their student account.
This credit is available to SIA’s first-year, incoming students who meet the following criteria:
- enrolment in a SIA program commencing September 2020, including:
- ELI at SIA (Levels 1 through 8)
- ELI Short Level 8 (beginning in November 2020)
- tuition and fees billed to student accounts must be paid in full by Sept. 14, 2020
- Social Insurance Number (SIN) or Individual Tax Number (ITN) entered on Student Home by selecting “SIN/ITN Information” under the “Profile” section — this applies to students who have arrived in Canada only
Students who meet the above criteria will automatically receive a $500 credit to their student account by Sept. 30, 2020. The credit will be applied to outstanding fees and, if there is credit remaining, a refund can be initiated by request through the Registrar’s Office.
For students who paid and deferred their September 2020 SIA acceptance to January 2021 due to COVID-19, the $500 credit will be applied to their January term by Jan. 31, 2021. The credit will not be available for acceptances deferred beyond January 2021or acceptances/confirmations that have been changed to a campus other than SIA.
Social Insurance Number (SIN)
This is a nine-digit number that you need to work in Canada or to have access to government programs and benefits. You can obtain a SIN many ways, including:
- visiting a Service Canada booth upon arrival to a Canadian airport
- visiting a local Service Canada office
- dropping by the Service Canada booth at SIA during orientation
Individual Tax Number (ITN)
This is a nine-digit number issued to non-residents who need an identification number for income tax purposes but are not eligible to obtain a SIN.
The $500 credit is a bursary and is considered part of taxable income.
T2202 tax receipts can be found via Student Home within the Financial Account tile. Select “Account Services” and then “View T2202.” Choose the applicable tax year and follow the prompts to print copies of the official T2202 receipt.