Workshops, Sessions and Events
Social Insurance Number Clinic
Service Canada will be on campus to issue Social Insurance Numbers (SIN) on the following dates:
- Markham Campus (Room M185):
- Friday, Jan. 17, 2020 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
You’re encouraged to drop in during these hours to apply or renew your SIN. You don’t need to book an appointment.
Please remember to bring your original passport and study permit. More information about the documentation needed to obtain a SIN is available online.
Information Sessions for Current International Students
International Student Services is holding information sessions for current international students. The sessions will cover the following immigration topics:
- study permits
- permanent residency (Express Entry system)
- re-entry visa
- co-op work permit
- post-graduate work permit
- on- and off-campus work requirements
- questions and answers
Information sessions will be held at Newnham Campus Room K3270 on the following times:
- Tuesday, Jan. 21 from 10:30 a.m. to noon
- Wednesday, Jan. 29 from 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 4 from 10:30 a.m. to noon
- Thursday, Feb. 13 from 11 a.m. to noon
- Thursday, Feb. 20 from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
"Your Rights as a Tenant in Canada" Housing Workshop
Centre for Equity Rights in Accommodation will be on campus to host a 60-minute workshop about your rights as a tenant in Canada on the following dates:
- Friday, Feb. 21, 2020 from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
- Friday, June 19, 2020 from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 16, 2020 from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
Newnham Campus, Room D2014
International Health Plan Information Session
Sign up for this health insurance webinar to learn how to access your student medical card, add family dependents, avoid upfront costs when visiting medical facilities, submit health claims and much more.