Workshops, Sessions and Events
Information Sessions for Current International Students
International Student Services is holding information sessions for current international students. The sessions will cover the following immigration topics:
- study permits
- permanent residency (Express Entry system)
- re-entry visa
- co-op work permit
- post-graduate work permit
- on- and off-campus work requirements
- questions and answers
Below is a list of the times and locations that these sessions will take place.
- Tuesday, Dec. 3 - 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in Room K2213
Markham Campus - Room M600
- Thursday, Dec. 5 - 11 a.m. to noon.
- Monday, Dec. 2 - 12:35 p.m. to 1:25 p.m. in Room S1200
Please register for the Seneca@York sessions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Immigration Workshop-SY”
Please be advised that seats for these sessions are limited.
Social Insurance Number Clinic
Service Canada will be on campus to issue Social Insurance Numbers (SIN) on the following dates:
- Newnham Campus: Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2020 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Markham Campus: Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2020 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- King Campus – Thursday, Jan. 17, 2020 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
You’re encouraged to drop in during these hours to apply or renew your SIN. You don’t need to book an appointment.
Please remember to bring your original passport and study permit. More information about the documentation needed to obtain a SIN is available online.
U.S. Visa Workshop
International Student Services is pleased to invite you to attend the U.S. Visa Workshop. A representative from the consulate will present on U.S. visa applications, as well as answer potential applicant questions to facilitate and enhance the understanding of the application process.
The session will cover:
- general visa processes (for international and domestic students)
- types of U.S. non-immigrant visas and required documents necessary to meet the eligibility requirements
- administrative procedures
- documentation and procedures at U.S. ports of entry
- Exchange Visitor Internship Program
- Exchange Visitor Summer Work Travel Program
When: Wednesday, Feb. 20 from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Where: Newnham Residence, Room-Res 1-3. (1750 Finch Ave. E., Toronto, Ont.)
International Health Plan Information Session
Sign up for this health insurance webinar to learn how to access your student medical card, add family dependents, avoid upfront costs when visiting medical facilities, submit health claims and much more.