June 6, 2018
Ten things to buy at Seneca's Farmers Market
Cured meat, baked goods and fresh produce available
It is now easy to stock up on fresh produce, cured meat and a variety of homemade baked goods on-campus, thanks to Seneca’s Farmers Market.
Hosted by Sustainable Seneca, the Farmers Market takes place every Friday at Newnham Campus between June 1 and Aug. 31 from noon to 5 p.m. in Parking Lot 1. This Friday, June 8, is the official opening ceremony.
Here are 10 items you can pick up at the market:
1. Cured meats from Albion Hills. Including prosicuttino, ranging from $20 to $35.
2. Amish-style donuts from Organic Chef. $3.75 each, or two for $7.
3. Fresh flowers from Royal Rose Gardens. Ranging from $5 to $25 per bouquet.
4. Portuguese custard tarts from Organic Chef. $2.75 each, or four for $10.
5. Pootrient fertilizer water from Ripple Farms. $5 per jar.
6. Punjabi Indian-style samosas, from Organic Chef. $3.75 each, or two for $7.
7. Ontario raspberries from Sun-Ray Orchards Inc. $5 per pint.
8. Seneca Sting Honey. Ranging in size and price from 45 ml for $2 to 1 kg for $15. Enjoy free samples straight from the comb.
9. Tomato seedlings from City Organics. Ranging from $1 to $3 per plant.
10. Tote bag from Sustainable Seneca. Pay-what-you-can donation (recommendation: $5).