Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Understand and apply generally accepted accounting principles for the purposes of financial reporting.
- Understand and apply the fundamentals of cost accounting, including the derivation of product costs, for financial reporting purposes.
- Prepare basic personal income tax returns, and understand and apply the principles of other major taxes.
- Demonstrate knowledge of generally accepted auditing standards in an internal control environment.
- Understand and apply the basic concepts and business applications of computer information systems, including skills in word processing, spreadsheets, and integrated accounting software.
- Understand and apply the techniques of business mathematics to support the accounting function of an organization.
- Apply effective interpersonal skills to support the accounting function of an organization.
- Apply ethics and corporate responsibility to all aspects of work completed.