Airline Pilot Flight Operations
Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Identify, interpret, and apply comprehensive knowledge of policies, procedures and regulations pertaining to commercial flight operations in Canada and internationally during real world flight scenarios.
- Analyze and evaluate effective Crew Resource Management (CRM), and Threat and Error Management (TEM) skills in a commercial multi-crew operational environment.
- Implement and evaluate effective CRM/TEM strategies during simulated real world scenarios including decision making, situational awareness, workload management and communication skills that contribute to maintaining the highest level of safety.
- Fly a multi-engine transport category aircraft safely and with precision throughout the full flight envelope, including all geographical regions and weather conditions, to the competency level required of a First Officer in a multi-crew commercial flight operation.
- Exhibit positive behaviours and attitudes in relation to risk management, safety culture, and policy and procedural compliance in all flight operations through self-reflection, peer assessment, and group discussion.
- Analyze, interpret and solve complex technical problems within an operational environment by utilizing and applying comprehensive operational knowledge of transport category aircraft systems including effective automation management skills.
- Exhibit a professional and ethical attitude towards the pilot profession including a desire to maintain the highest professional standards, a positive attitude towards lifelong learning, and a respect towards all pilots in the profession.
- Comply with industry expectations relating to flight preparation, conduct, uniform, and on-time performance.
- Accomplish team goals through the application and utilization of effective leadership and communication skills.