Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Analyze and modify existing operating and safety procedures while working within Canadian and international regulations and regulatory bodies related to aviation.
- Operate, maintain and administer airports in an effective and efficient manner.
- Apply principles of management in administering air terminals and air carrier fleets, including cargo.
- Manage all servicing and maintenance requirements of aircraft for safe and efficient operation of air carrier fleets.
- Apply accounting and finance principles to prepare and follow budgets, do cost analysis, and effectively work with leases and contracts.
- Systematize the safe and effective handling and transportation of hazardous materials.
- Employ skills in decision making, problem solving and human relations consistent with a junior management position.
- Communicate on a radio in accordance with the appropriate Industry Canada guidelines, including the successful obtainment of a Restricted Radiotelephone Operators Certificate.
- Develop accident and emergency response procedures for an aviation operation.
- Critically analyze the security systems available to respond to the security threats faced by the Canadian civil aviation industry.
- Perform cardio-pulmonary resuscitation and emergency first aid according to recognized industry standards of expertise.
- Describe the design and control of Canadian airspace, the principles of meteorology and the navigational systems and aids used in aviation.
- Develop a safety management system ensuring the application of regulatory requirements.
- Acquire and manage data for administration of a safety management system.
- Develop and implement a safety reporting system.
- Identify and forecast risks, and implement proper solutions to these risks by utilizing data and trending analysis.
- Select and apply proper auditing techniques in an aviation operation.