Nursing(Collaborative with York University)
Program Learning Outcomes
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Be accountable to the public and practice within the professional standards of nursing.
- Enhance health and healing through synthesizing knowledge from nursing and other disciplines in understanding the lived experience of clients.
- Participate in the ongoing transformation and humanization of health care by incorporating multiple ways of knowing, evidence-informed care and critical-reflective practice.
- Commit to excellence in professional practice through lifelong learning.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships within nursing, the interprofessional team and the community.
- Demonstrate leadership for the advancement of the nursing profession in all domains of practice.
- Advocate for and support healthy organizational and public policy to promote health of individuals, families, groups, communities and global populations.
- Provide culturally sensitive nursing care that honours human dignity, respects diversity, and embraces different ways of being.