Honours Bachelor of Technology - Software Development
Program Learning Outcomes
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Solve problems by designing, coding, testing, and implementing programs using several programming languages, at least one to a professional language-specific standard.
- Develop integrated systems of hardware and software, using current system development methodologies to fulfil the processing needs of a client.
- Use and configure several operating systems in the development and deployment of software at a professional level.
- Develop and deploy Internet-based applications using current technologies to meet client needs.
- Design databases and develop applications that process database contents using a DBMS and various programming languages, to current industry standards.
- Apply data communications, networking, and security concepts to the development of multi-site, multi-user systems, following relevant industry standards.
- Use effective written, oral, and visual communication skills to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences, at levels appropriate for a variety of business settings.
- Apply project management theory and techniques to the development of automated systems, using a basic understanding of business principles and practices.
- Work effectively and cooperatively as a team member in different roles and settings using appropriate technical and interpersonal skills, in the development of automated systems.
- Continue the life-long learning process of acquiring new skills and knowledge through formal and self-directed means using information and learning resources.
- Incorporate knowledge of organizational structure, management functions, business objects, and established practices in the design of business systems and software, including strategic planning and corporate objectives, administrative processes, human resources, accounting, marketing, and e-business.