Honours Bachelor of Commerce - Business Technology Management
Program Learning Outcomes
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Analyze business problems and make ethically sound strategic decisions enabled by Information Technology (IT).
- Manage a business technology project within a cross-functional and multi-disciplinary team by applying project management principles.
- Adopt operations management principles and information technology to improve efficiency and effectiveness of business processes.
- Propose strategic and operational solutions by applying principles of management accounting and financial analysis.
- Build information technology solutions that automate and support business processes.
- Model ethical, legal and professional codes of conduct of the Canadian business environment and global marketplace.
- Design data solutions to support business operations, strategic decision making and business planning to improve organizational performance and ensure adequate risk management.
- Evaluate organizational structures and management processes, with a focus on small and medium-sized enterprises, to improve organizational performance.
- Provide direction about the opportunities for the integration of technology, commerce and marketing to support innovative digital business models.
- Apply interpersonal, team building and leadership skills required for dynamic business environments.
- Communicate information and ideas to persuade an audience using the most suitable medium and mode for the message.