Creative Advertising (Joint Seneca/York)
Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Determine clients’ advertising and marketing communications objectives by applying creative problem solving skills and marketing principles.
- Determine an organization’s target market/audience, market segmentation, and strategic insights into consumer behaviour by applying research skills to gather and analyze market data.
- Generate creative ideas and concepts or adapt existing concepts by using marketing principles and creative copywriting techniques.
- Defend the selection of the media/communication platform and the recommendations for a product or service by demonstrating the alignment to market segmentation, consumer behaviour, and marketing communication objectives.
- Suggest techniques to measure the effectiveness of an advertising and marketing plan.
- Prepare communication material for a range of audiences and modes of delivery by using visualization techniques and communications technologies.
- Work with various multi-media, digital platforms, and technology to support current and the adoption of emerging industry standard practice.
- Adhere to ethical and regulatory guidelines to create socially responsible and inclusive advertising and marketing campaigns.
- Support the management of projects by applying scheduling, task coordination, and organizational skills for timely completion of a project.
- Support collegial relationships by using communication and facilitation skills to ensure professional service delivery.