Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Apply the steps of the cosmetic development process to be able to navigate the decision making required to formulate, manufacture and market a cosmetic product.
- Utilize concepts of functional classes of raw materials in sourcing and selection of ingredients for synthetic, natural and organic cosmetic products.
- Modify cosmetic formulations to achieve stable products with prescribed sensory properties.
- Analyze a finished product against regulatory requirements to ensure compliance for sales and marketing in global jurisdictions.
- Summarize current literature of product components and packaging to communicate ethical, health and environmental concerns to relevant stakeholders.
- Construct an appropriate product evaluation strategy for claims substantiation, safety and shelf life documentation.