Honours Bachelor of Data Science & Analytics
Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Prepare data for analysis by gathering, cleaning, and storing it into application specific data models.
- Generate knowledge through the analysis of big data sets by using statistical, mathematical, and computational methodologies and techniques.
- Sustain tactical and strategic business intelligence by interpreting, analyzing, and visualizing big data sets using software tools, data models, and algorithms.
- Create predictive models using statistical, data mining and machine learning techniques to support data driven decision-making.
- Develop material for a range of audiences, using visualization techniques, and communications technologies.
- Apply project management methodologies, tools, and techniques for big data projects in cross-functional, intercultural, and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Conduct research to provide evidence to support data-driven decision-making and alignment with organizational strategy.
- Adhere to ethical and legal guidelines to ensure data security, integrity, and confidentiality in the delivery of data-driven business intelligence.
- Apply interpersonal, teambuilding, and leadership skills when participating in diverse organizational environments.