Electronics Engineering Technology
Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Analyze, interpret, modify, design and produce electrical and electronics drawings, layouts and reports.
- Analyze and solve technical problems related to electronics engineering by applying principles of advanced mathematics and science.
- Apply appropriate troubleshooting techniques to electronic circuits or systems and generate and perform test procedures.
- Design, build, test and troubleshoot electronic circuits, equipment, systems and subsystems in accordance with job requirements, functional specifications and relevant standards.
- Modify, maintain, repair and recommend electronic equipment and systems in accordance with relevant operational guidelines.
- Determine, select, recommend and justify the purchase of electronic equipment, components and systems in accordance with code, standards and job requirements and functional specifications.
- Design, modify, analyze and troubleshoot logic and digital circuits, and embedded microprocessor-based and microcontroller-based systems, including assembly and high-level language programs.
- Design, analyze and troubleshoot circuits consisting of passive components by applying appropriate measurement techniques.
- Design, analyze and troubleshoot circuits consisting of low power, high power, active and electromechanical components, and analog integrated circuits.
- Design, analyze and troubleshoot control systems.
- Design, analyze, troubleshoot and repair analog and digital communication systems.
- Apply relevant shop practices in compliance with safety policies and current regulations for electronics engineering workplaces.
- Collaborate in selecting, co-ordinating and conducting quality control and quality assurance programs and procedures.
- Complete work in compliance with relevant legislation, established standards, policies, procedures and regulations, and ethical principles.
- Contribute to the planning, implementation, management and evaluation of team projects by applying project management principles.