Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Collect representative environmental samples, perform routine and specialized tests and interpret results, using current and relevant tools.
- Identify, select and use scientific concepts and models in the prevention, control and elimination of environmental hazards and in the remediation of contaminated sites.
- Analyze water/soil/air samples in a manner that contributes to the resolution of environmental problems through the selection and application of relevant scientific and engineering principles.
- Participate in the planning, design, implementation and maintenance of environmental projects, following standard procedures.
- Promote and maintain sustainable practices by applying the elements of ecosystem-based management.
- Carry out work responsibilities adhering to standards of professional conduct and principles of professional ethics.
- Suggest strategies aimed at ensuring all tasks are completed in adherence to occupational health and safety standards and applicable legislative requirements.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of environmental management systems.
- Provide ongoing support for project management.
- Communicate technical information accurately and effectively in oral, written, visual and electronic forms.
- Develop and present strategies for ongoing personal and professional development to enhance performance as an environmental technologist.