Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Refine apparel design and production decisions based on consumer preferences and time to market.
- Create original apparel concepts and collections using design, drafting and garment construction techniques.
- Apply computer technology to communicate design specifications across the apparel design and manufacturing processes.
- Justify decisions for sourcing materials and manufacturing processes to meet technical specifications and end-product pricing.
- Design products within the context of the apparel manufacturing process to optimize production capabilities.
- Contextualize new product designs by responding to global fashion trends from the historical, current, and future perspective to produce salable designs for consumers.
- Advocate for positive change by addressing systemic challenges as a member of the global fashion industry.
- Present original ideas and design process in a professional portfolio.
- Articulate a reflective design process, visually, verbally and in writing, which incorporates research and analysis to solve design problems.