Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Communicate effectively with customers, supervisors, peers, and suppliers.
- Demonstrate the ability to make suitable bouquets and floral arrangements for any occasion, in keeping with the customer's request and established tradition, using available materials within cost constraints.
- Offer appropriate information on the care and handling of various flowers and foliages, indoor plants and other items available for sale at an employer’s establishment.
- Acquire knowledge of most front office duties associated with an employer’s establishment such as correct handling of wire service order, correct selling techniques, handling of charge card orders and operation of a cash register.
- Apply and understand needs relating to public relations, advertising and merchandising techniques.
- Apply concepts of basic bookkeeping procedures, budget preparation, inventory control, cash flow, analysis of simplified profit and loss statements.