Fire Protection Engineering Technician
Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Survey industrial and commercial and institutional properties.
- Relate observations of building construction, occupancies, and processes to codes and standards requirements.
- Classify and evaluate hazards.
- Select and design fire detection and fire suppression equipment layouts.
- Approve plans.
- Supervise installations.
- Conduct tests of water supplies, fire detection, and fire suppression systems.
- Commission fire safety equipment and systems.
- Prepare comprehensive reports suitable for insurance risk analysis and hazard evaluation by those concerned with property protection and life safety.
- Refer to and apply occupational health and safety regulations.