Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Coordinate and contribute to the planning of public relations activities, including the development of clear, measurable communication objectives and project or tactical budgets and selection of strategies, tactics, tools and resources to manage a range of stakeholder relationships and issues and achieve organizational objectives.
- Coordinate, contribute to and adapt the implementation of strategies and tactics and the management of budgets and resources to achieve communication objectives and meet activity guidelines and requirements.
- Write and edit clear, accurate, targeted copy aligned to organizational objectives, appropriate for the chosen channel(s) and to a specified deadline.
- Produce effective, accessible, and timely print, digital and multimedia communications, independently and collaboratively, to manage specific stakeholder relations and/or issues and achieve organizational objectives.
- Use research results and analytical skills to guide the development of communication objectives and public relations activities, evaluate their impact, and support organizational objectives and stakeholder relationships.
- Engage stakeholders by adapting language, tone and presentation style to the public relations purpose, situation, audience and channel(s).
- Comply with and support others to work in accordance with relevant professional association and industry codes of ethics, public relations professional standards and practices, and legal obligations, protocols and policies.
- Monitor emerging social and economic trends, and local, national and global issues to guide the planning and implementation of public relations strategies and tactics and support organizational effectiveness, stakeholder relationships and ongoing personal professional development.
- Assess the selection and implications of current and emerging technologies on the quality and delivery of public relations activities and on organizational effectiveness.
- Select strategies and tools to build and manage stakeholder relationships to support public relations activities, organizational objectives and career development.