Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities.
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ablity to:
- Write clear, targeted communication materials.
- Plan a basic government relations program, informed by research, in support of policy objectives of a company, not-for-profit organization or industry association.
- Use public opinion and media measurement tools to create and monitor an effective government relations plan.
- Assess permissible and non-permissible lobbying activities by different types of organizations with different stakeholder groups in government based on laws and government codes of conduct.
- Integrate social media and other internet-based strategies effectively into public and government relations activities and programs.
- Adapt to, work within, and influence the public policy process and identify key intervention points.
- Develop project or tactical budgets according to basic structures and functions of government relations business models.
- Perform all work within the professional and ethical framework of a government relations professional.
- Co-ordinate the development, production and delivery of visually effective PowerPoint, graphic and electronic communications and presentations.
- Develop clear and measurable communication objectives and identify techniques to evaluate the achievement of these objectives.