Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Draw a variety of forms including the human, animal, architectural and inanimate in an articulate and aesthetic manner.
- Create professional quality illustrations using a variety of traditional and digital media appropriate to the desired message conveyed.
- Critically evaluate the effectiveness of the illustrations in both written and verbal formats.
- Work effectively within the digital workflow by cataloguing, archiving and creating backup strategies for images and prints.
- Create legal contracts, dockets and other business documents for each project.
- Colour calibrate, finish and distribute images in a resolution and format that meets the needs of the client.
- Develop a portfolio that demonstrates professional creative skills and abilities in illustration.
- Develop a business plan for the establishment and operation of an illustration services company that adheres to ethical and industry standards.
- Produce marketing plans and materials such as quality business cards, a website and other promotional materials for both a new and an established illustration services company.