Independent Music Production
Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Build and effectively operate a home-based recording studio to produce professional quality recordings.
- Produce a professional three song Demo CD and discuss the distribution process through traditional and emerging Internet markets.
- Identify some of the key components of sales, marketing and merchandising plans appropriate for their music projects.
- Recognize how to copyright and protect their original artistic work including music and lyrics.
- Apply basic knowledge of the process and procedures of registering, owning and operating a successful small music business.
- Identify the components of effective funding applications and grant requests for public and private organizations in including FACTOR and other Arts Councils.
- Develop and implement a plan for a small or medium sized venue performance.
- Write a song working alone or in collaboration with other artists.
- Identify all and produce some components of a basic promotional package.
- Function adequately in interview and performance situations.