Honours Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies
Program Learning Outcomes
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of and ability to work in a specific vocational field related to a program offered by a College.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and ability to apply this knowledge in theoretical situations.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply this knowledge in real situations.
- Demonstrate an understanding and ability to analyze information from an interdisciplinary perspective.
- Demonstrate effective critical thinking and problem-solving skills in academic and workplace settings.
- Select and apply current workplace technology as appropriate to a situation or problem.
- Demonstrate depth and breadth of knowledge regarding those disciplines traditionally regarded as fundamental to a liberal arts education.
- Solve complex problems by employing various disciplinary and interdisciplinary ideas, tools and techniques in innovative and integrative ways.
- Access, analyze and synthesize information, both quantitative and qualitative, from primary and secondary sources.
- Critically analyze the forces that shape values, ideas and societal circumstances, and present them in an academically structured, sustained and well-supported argument.
- Communicate ideas by selecting the most suitable medium for the message, audience, and purpose, speaking or writing clearly, concisely, cohesively and correctly.
- Work effectively and cooperatively as a team member, using appropriate strategies and taking initiative.
- Demonstrate an ability to evaluate a situation and make ethical and socially responsible decisions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of lifelong learning available through, for example, self-directed learning, team learning, web-based learning and career planning.