Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Support the needs of clients and legal professionals through the use of accurate terminology and professional communication strategies, both orally and in writing.
- Complete all work within routine and unexpected time lines and limitation periods within the legal environment.
- Use current and relevant electronic and print resources, within the legal environment, to conduct legal research, to assist with file and evidentiary management, to facilitate communication and generate legal documentation, complying with current regulations and procedures.
- Research and summarize the presenting legal issues, applying knowledge of substantive law, to support the legal team.
- Apply rules of procedure to support best legal practices.
- Conduct oneself professionally in adherence to the guidelines of the Law Society of Upper Canada.
- Carry out clerical and administrative duties for the operation of a variety of legal environments.
- Outline strategies for ongoing professional development to ensure continuing competence as a Law Clerk.
- Act equitably and justly with diverse populations.
- Provide support for legal professionals in courts and administrative tribunals within the legal system.