Library and Information Technician (Accelerated)
Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Acquire book and non-book materials using manual and automated procedures for bibliographic verification, vendor selection, order production, and fund management.
- Derive, edit and/or create catalogue records using AACR2, LCSH, and DDC using MARC coding in national bibliographic utilities, CO-ROM, and microcomputer based systems.
- Analyze information requests, select appropriate reference sources, develop search strategies, conduct searches and present results using print, on-line and CD-ROM formats.
- Maintain serials control and circulation systems in manual, microcomputer and minicomputer environments.
- Develop and prepare promotional materials, bibliographies, and reports using word-processing and (ultimately) desktop publishing facilities.
- Develop and implement simple database and indexing systems for special collections.