Mechanical Technician - CNC Programming
Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Complete all work in compliance with current legislation, standards, regulations and guidelines.
- Apply quality control and quality assurance procedures to meet organizational standards and requirements.
- Comply with current health and safety legislation, as well as organizational practices and procedures.
- Apply sustainability* best practices in workplaces.
- Use current and emerging technologies* to support the implementation of mechanical and manufacturing projects.
- Analyze and solve mechanical problems by applying mathematics and fundamentals of mechanics.
- Interpret, prepare and modify mechanical drawings and other related technical documents.
- Perform technical measurements accurately using appropriate instruments and equipment.
- Manufacture, assemble, maintain and repair mechanical components according to required specifications.
- Contribute to the planning, implementation and evaluation of projects.
- Operate and program a variety of CNC machines to produce parts to specifications, meeting the required quality standards.
- Apply CNC specific technical work practices when writing programs for CNC machines.
Emerging Technologies – Technologies that are not yet standard but that are likely to be adopted in the near term. The expectation is that an emerging technology will come into standard usage when the application of the technology matures.
Sustainability – Sustainability encompasses the ethical ideal that calls for optimizing the long-term carrying capacity and vitality of three interdependent systems—environmental, social and economic. In a manufacturing context, sustainability aims to improve the quality of human life, while protecting nature, by engaging in manufacturing processes that are non-polluting, conserve energy and resources and protect ecosystems; benefit employees, consumers and communities; and strengthen enterprises that foster economic growth and prosperity.