Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Integrate specialized knowledge of ophthalmic dispensing from the physical sciences, health sciences and business field to meet the eyewear needs of clients from all age groups.
- Utilize the problem-solving approach while fitting and dispensing spectacles, contact lenses and sub-normal vision aids.
- Practice at an independent level within the eye care team in accordance with the Ophthalmic Dispensing Act and Regulations and the Board of Ophthalmic Dispensers Policy Guidelines.
- Utilize knowledge of communication skills while interacting with clients.
- To understand the principles of small business management.