Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Articulate/analyze the issues currently facing Ontario’s public sector, particularly within municipal government;
- Apply principles, including those of risk management, and practices associated with prudent fiscal management, comptrollership, governance and accountability in the municipal and broader public sectors;
- Research and draft public policies and programs ensuring that any downside risks have been minimized;
- Contribute directly to the planning and administration of organizational resources and related systems, including those associated with financial, technology and human resource management;
- Use transferable and interpersonal skills including conflict resolution, service provision, leadership, communication, ethics and team–building abilities;
- Effectively manage the performance of a municipal or other public sector program or service;
- Research, synthesize and write comprehensive program and services review reports;
- Solve problems by developing and assessing alternatives, devising effective solutions and evaluating results/outcomes;
- Prepare accurate accountability reports to public office holders;
- Manage stakeholder relations taking into consideration the political and economic environments, labour relations, media relations, etc.;
- Communicate effectively and appropriately given the audience and purpose including both written and verbal in a variety of situations.