Broadcasting - Radio
Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Create radio productions and audio content, in studio and on location, using relevant broadcasting equipment and related industry technologies.
- Deliver, support and promote radio broadcast content via multiple platforms using a variety of media.
- Participate in the planning and preparation of programming content for a variety of radio formats.
- Monitor and evaluate the quality of radio broadcasts using appropriate relevant resources, tools and equipment which meet current industry standards.
- Assist in promoting the station’s brand and generating revenues through a variety of marketing and advertising sales activities.
- Plan and prepare interviews, scripts and reporting content for use in radio broadcasts.
- Use business skills and accepted industry practices in the completion of tasks and projects.
- Keep current with the needs of the broadcast industry using strategies that enhance work performance and guide professional development.
- Perform all work in compliance with relevant statutes, regulations, legislation, industry standards and company policies.
- Present live programming on air to relay various types of information and stories in different formats.