Broadcasting - Television (Joint Seneca/York)
Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Operate industry standard production equipment, in studio and on location, to create television, video and/or web content for multiple platforms.
- Deliver television, video and digital or web content via multiple platforms in formats that meet current broadcast industry standards.
- Participate in the planning and preparation of television, mobile and/or Web productions that meet industry standards and regulations.
- Monitor and maintain the technical quality of productions during recording and broadcasts using resources, equipment and protocols which meet with industry standards.
- Participate in marketing activities to promote independent productions and/or a station’s brand and products.
- Plan and prepare interviews, scripts and reporting content for use in television, video or digital media productions.
- Use business skills and accepted industry practices in the creation of television, video and/or web productions.
- Keep current with the needs of the television and digital media broadcast industry using strategies that enhance work performance and guide professional development.
- Conduct work safely in accordance with all applicable acts, regulations, legislation, and codes to ensure personal and public safety.
- Use a variety of post-production skills and techniques to enhance and complete television, digital, web and/or video productions.