Sustainable Business Management
Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, students will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Design a corporate ecological vision and mission statement that demonstrates corporate social responsibility for a future or existing business and draws on the historical development of the green movement.
- Develop sustainable business practices for a current or future business based on research of current green business examples and best practices.
- Develop criteria for a 'Green Business Report Card' for local businesses that includes recommendations and implementation strategies to reduce a company's ecological footprint.
- Achieve the greening of the supply chain through the application of sustainable resource management theories and strategies.
- Create, analyze, and implement a personal and corporate energy audit that demonstrates a reduction in operational costs and a greener personal and corporate image.
- Create green business ideas capitalizing on current green business opportunities discovered through environmental scans, research and analysis of local and global marketplace trends.
- Write a formal business plan, including a detailed marketing, operational and financial plan for a green business opportunity that uses a current business model (e.g. “Triple Bottom Line: People: People, Planet, and Profit").
- Construct a marketing plan for a local company that highlights its market and differential advantage through corporate social responsibility strategies.
- Justify decisions, plans and concepts using ethical principles, appeals to corporate social responsibility, and accepted theories in environmental science.
- Create recommendations for additional sustainable business practice strategies based on an evaluation of a multi-national corporation's green business practices.