International Transportation and Customs
Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Use ethical principles and sustainable business practices that govern international trade to advise on the import and export of goods within a regulated process.
- Prepare documentation for the importing and exporting of goods within domestic and international legislation, agreements and protocols.
- Act ethically and professionally in a business environment.
- Prepare documents that support the client’s coordination and financial administration of trade operations and goods transportation.
- Mitigate financial and political risks in domestic and international trades by using risk management principles in the operation of the business.
- Prepare, organize and disseminate information to a variety of stakeholders in an effective manner to support efficient trading activities.
- Use auditing principles and activities to support a client’s customs compliance in their transactions related to the transportation of goods.
- Recommend transportation and customs strategies that align with the client’s organizational business model and supply chain operations to reduce costs.