Transferring to Seneca

If you have completed or partially completed a postsecondary credential at Seneca or another institution, you may be eligible for a graduate certificate program, a pathway to a Seneca diploma or degree, advanced entry or block transfer to an upper semester of a program, or course-for-course transfer credits.

Start by exploring your pathways and transfer opportunities between Ontario postsecondary schools and Seneca at


Graduate Certificates

A graduate certificate from Seneca is the ideal choice for postsecondary graduates who want more career-focused education and industry experience. For professionals, a graduate certificate can lead to career advancement or provide a pathway to a new career in just one year. Many of our graduate certificates feature a work component that enables you to hone your skills in your chosen field and make important contacts before you graduate.

Current Seneca students interested in a graduate certificate should visit the Admissions office at Newnham Campus for information on how to apply.

Seneca Alumni and graduates of other institutions can apply at (OCAS).


Pathway Agreements

Seneca pathway agreements allow students to transfer between specific programs and institutions. Students are eligible to receive a defined block of credit based on their previous education and may be admitted to an upper-level term. Visit for pathway options from an Ontario college or university to Seneca.

Current Seneca diploma students can review their degree pathway options using Seneca’s online Degree Transfer Guide for further information.

Seneca graduates and graduates of other institutions can apply through the Ontario Colleges website. When you add your program choice, select “Advanced Entry” or “Degree Completion” as your entry semester. You will need to add details about your previous education in the Education area of your application and submit an official transcript if you are transferring from another college or university. Seneca Alumni do not need to request transcripts.

An adviser or member of the program academic team will review your request and if you meet the requirements for a pathway, you will be offered admission to a higher level. The level will be noted in your offer.


Advanced Entry with no Pathway Agreement

If you have completed one or more semesters at another postsecondary institution and are applying to a related Seneca program where there is no formal pathway agreement, you can apply for transfer credit on a course-by-course basis through the Office of the Registrar.

If you have questions about pathway options, contact the Academic Pathways team at


Transfer Credits

Transfer Credits are granted for courses taken at another accredited postsecondary institution which are deemed as equivalent to a course at Seneca. If you have a college or university level course that is similar to a Seneca course, you may be eligible to apply for Transfer Credit at Seneca.