Skip to main content

Tuition and Education Credit (T2202) Tax Receipts

T2202 Tax Receipts are applied for a tax year which is a calendar year. For example, a T2202 receipt for 2019 would include anything eligible for a Tuition and Education Credit from Jan. 1, 2019 to Dec. 31, 2019. An eligible tuition and education credit is determined by the Canada Revenue Agency and is applied by Seneca.

T2202 tax receipts can be found via the Student Centre under the Finances section. Choose the applicable tax year and follow the prompts to print copies of the official T2202 receipt.

Tuition and Education Credit (T2202) Tax Receipts for a recent year are normally available in late February. For example, for tax year 2019, T2202 receipts will be available by the end of February 2020.

Other options for requesting a copy of a Tuition and Education Credit (T2202) tax receipt are as follows:


By Email

1. Download the Form

Download the Tuition & Education Credit (T2202) Request (PDF) form.

Note: You require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this document.

2. Complete the Form

  • Fill in the form electronically using the boxes provided.
  • Incomplete or incorrect information on the form will cause delays in processing.

3. Submit the Completed Form

Email the completed form to using a valid Seneca email account.


Former Students

  • If you've been away from the college for less than three years: order your T2202 from the Self-Service menu via Student Centre. Ensure all contact information is correct including first name, last name and address.
  • If you’ve been away from the college for more than three years: order your T2202 by completing the Tuition & Education Credit (T2202) Request form.



There is a charge of $10.00 + $1.30 (HST) per each year requested.



The following are accepted methods of payment:

  • Visa
  • MasterCard
  • American Express
  • Debit


SIN/ITN Number

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) requires all designated educational institutions in Canada to file T2202 Tuition and Enrolment Certificate forms as well as T4A (if applicable) with the CRA and to make them available to students by the end of February of the following year. In order to file this information, a SIN/ITN number is required for all students.

Subsection 237 of the Income Tax Act requires that you provide your SIN, upon request, to the preparer of the tax information slip. For more information on this requirement, as well as other information for students and income tax, please visit the CRA website via the following links:

View our Privacy Notice or access the Privacy Settings link on Student Center.

You can use this page to enter your SIN number, or in the case of a temporary SIN/ITN, update the number and/or expiry date. If you are experiencing any difficulties with this page or for any other changes, please contact the Registrar's Office


If the SIN/ITN shown below begins with 999, you will need to enter your current SIN/ITN number. If you have a temporary SIN/ITN with an expiry date in the past, you will need to supply a new number and/or expiry date.

  1. click Edit SIN/ITN
  2. enter your SIN (and expiry date, if applicable) following the format shown on the page. Note: if you have a temporary SIN/ITN (number starts with a 9), you must also enter an expiry date which can be found on your documentation from the Canadian government
  3. click “Save”