Skip to main content

OSAP: How to Apply via the Web

NOTE: You must register and pay the minimum deposit in order for your OSAP application to be processed.

  1. Go to the OSAP website.
  2. If you are a new user, click on Register after log in. If you are a returning student click Log in; you will need to remember your OAN and OSAP password.
  3. Complete the application online and press Submit (once you submitted you can request an estimate).
  4. Print and Sign:
    1. Consents, intruction, declarations and signature pages. Check for required supporting documents that are needed for your application. Mail or deliver to the financial aid office at the institution you are attending. We can only accept original signature pages (faxes, photocopies or emails are not accepted). Please bring your Social Insurance Number Card and Valid Canadian Government issued photo I.D. with you.
    2. Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement (MSFAA) and take it to a designated Canada Post Outlet. You can find a list of Designated Canada Post Outlets at You must present two pieces of documentation to prove your identity:
      1. Proof of your Social Insurance Number (SIN)
      2. One piece of valid Canadian Government issued photo ID

Next Steps:

Once all required documents have been submitted, your school will confirm your enrolment before your funding can be disbursed to you. This confirmation will happen for each disbursement. For most students, this will happen at the start of their studies (e.g. September) and again halfway through their study period (e.g. January). If you are attending for only one semester the second disbursement is done during study week.
For information about your disbursements and funding, log on to your OSAP account on the OSAP website and go to the “Check Status” section.

** Funds will be disbursed to the student electronically **

Note: You must confirm your income on the OSAP website before the release of the second disbursement, which is generally halfway through your study period (e.g. January for students studying September to April). Instructions will be sent to the student about a month before the second disbursement.

Important OSAP Information:

When inquiring about any OSAP related information, students MUST present the following:

  1. Social Insurance Number Card or official Government of Canada document that indicates the student’s Social Insurance Number (e.g. Canada Revenue Agency Notice of Assessment). T4, T4A and T5 documents are NOT acceptable.
  2. One piece of valid government photo issued in Canada by the federal, provincial or territorial government (e.g. Canadian Passport, permanent resident or citizenship card, Ontario photo card, valid driver’s license or provincial health card with photo.) Student ID cards are not an acceptable form of photo ID.