Internal Funding Opportunities
Seneca Applied Research Fund (ARF)
The Seneca Applied Research Fund call for proposals is open.
The Seneca Applied Research Fund (ARF), a college-wide, internally funded and administered fund, supports emerging applied research activities at Seneca. ARF aligns with Seneca's strategic priorities and academic plan, and is designed to strengthen networks among students, faculty, staff and external partners.
Through the ARF, up to $12,000 is available to Seneca faculty researchers, through an annual call for proposals, to explore applied research initiatives, in partnership with an industry and/or community partner, which address a business challenge brought forward by the partner and that provide experiential learning opportunities for student researchers. All projects must clearly demonstrate the importance of the research to the external partner and value to student researchers.
Changes for the 2019/20 ARF:
1. Interested applicants must submit a notice of intent (form below) by September 16th
2. An ARF grant development workshop will be provided on September 30th (webcast and recorded) for those invited to a full application
3. For profit industry partners must make a cash contribution equal to at least 10% of the grant amount (not-for-profits do not need to contribute cash)
For additional information on the Seneca Applied Research Fund, please contact any member of the Seneca Applied Research Team or our general email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2019 Seneca ARF Call for Proposals and Application Guidelines
- 2019 Seneca ARF Notice of Intent Form
- 2019 Seneca ARF Application Form
- 2019 Seneca ARF Budget Submission Form
External Funding Opportunities
Seneca is eligible for to receive funding from a variety of provincial and federal funding agencies, organizations and programs.
To learn more about and explore these opportunities, select the links below. If you are interested in pursuing any of these opportunities, please contact our office so that we can support your application.
- Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI)
- Canadian Institute of Health Research (CIHR)
- Ministry of Research, Innovation and Science
- National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC - IRAP)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (STDC)
Research Support Fund
The Research Support Fund, formally known as Indirect Cost Program, assists Canadian postsecondary institutions with the expenses associated with managing research funded by the three federal research granting agencies. The Research Support Fund is a tri-agency initiative of the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC), and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC). The funds are to help pay for indirect costs of research, which comprise a portion of the central and departmental administrative costs associated with managing funded research. Seneca uses funds under the Management and Administration category to support Applied Research activities.
For more information on the program please visit their website.