Dean of Students and Indigenous Education
(Representing the Office of the President)
Indigenous Education Council
Rama First Nation Representative (Alumni)
Manager of Environment and Consultations, Cambium
Indigenous Professional Services Curve Lake
Education Program and Projects Co-ordinator,
Ogemawahj Tribal Council
Dean of Academic Learning Services
Patti Big Canoe
Education Operations Lead,
Chippewas of Georgina Island First Nation
Co-ordinator, Centre for Aboriginal Student Services (York University)
Indigenous Community Representative
Indigenous Community Representative (Alumni)
Professor Child Youth Care
Indigenous Education Protocol for Colleges and Institutes
The signatory institutions to this protocol recognize and affirm their responsibility and obligation to Indigenous Education.
Colleges and institutes respect and recognize that Indigenous people include First Nation, Metis and Inuit people, having distinct cultures, languages, histories and contemporary perspectives.
Indigenous education emanates from the intellectual and cultural traditions of Indigenous peoples in Canada.
Indigenous education will strengthen colleges' and institutes' contribution to improve the lives of learners and communities.
The signatory institution agrees to:
- Commit to making Indigenous education a priority.
- Ensure governance structures recognize and respect Indigenous peoples.
- Implement intellectual and cultural traditions of Indigenous peoples through curriculum and learning approaches relevant to learners and communities.
- Support students and employees to increase understanding and reciprocity among Indigenous and non-Indigenous peoples.
- Commit to increasing the number of Indigenous employees with ongoing appointments, throughout the institution, including Indigenous senior administrators.
- Establish Indigenous-centered holistic services and learning environments for learner success.
- Build relationships and be accountable to Indigenous communities in support of self-determination through education, training and applied research.
Location & Hours
Room E1401, Newnham Campus
1750 Finch Ave East
Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
We offer extended office hours during the fall and winter terms.
Note: Our staff have a “visiting campus” schedule. Please email Karen White for details and an updated schedule.