Apply for the following awards through the individual award instructions and links provided. To be considered for any of the following awards, you MUST provide a staff reference from a Seneca employee.
Student Application Due: February 5, 2019 by 4 p.m. (Closed)
Staff Reference Due: February 12, 2019 by 4 p.m.
Campus Living Centre Academic Award ($500)
Annually awarded to full-time students currently living at either the Newnham or King campus residences. The recipients must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher and be able to demonstrate his or her contribution to student life at Seneca through direct involvement in at least two of the following areas:
- Social activities organized through recognized student bodies such as student governments, clubs and formalized residence groups;
- Sporting activities, such as intramurals, varsity athletics, and residence organized events;
- Academic and educational activities such as tutoring, organized study groups, educational campaigns, and fundraising initiatives.
Larry DeFlorio Leadership Award ($1000)
This award has been established in honour and memory of Larry DeFlorio, Seneca’s Distinguished Alumni Award recipient, Ontario Premier’s Award nominee, former faculty and Co-ordinator of the Animation Arts Center (AAC), as a tribute to his vision, leadership, and contribution to Seneca life, students and alumni.
Criteria for the award are detailed below:
- Student enrolled in their final year (or semester) of studies, in any diploma or certificate programs of the Animation Arts Centre (School of Creative Arts and Animation) – ANI, DAN, GAA and VFT
- Outstanding academic performance (minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0)
- Demonstrated leadership, compassion, personal integrity and generosity
- Academic curiosity and intellectual passion
- Contribution to others and to the community
- Involvement in student life (e.g. peer tutoring, organized study groups, educational and fundraising initiatives, sports, student government, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to balance personal responsibilities and school involvement, and overcoming adversity
SMILE Mentoring Program Leadership Award ($500)
This award is presented annually to a SMILE mentor. Applicants must have:
- Served as a SMILE mentor for two or more semesters (including the current semester)
- Demonstrated leadership and contribution toward the enhancement of student life at Seneca College
- Community involvement/volunteer work outside of the College
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
The Barb Morel Humanitarian Bursary
ACL and Associates, the student health, dental and extended health plan insurance broker, commit to an Annual Bursary to the student who best exemplifies a 'true humanitarian' in all aspects of school and personal life. Students must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 2.5 G.P.A. cumulative
- Full-time, daytime student
Urgen Kuyee Leadership Award ($1000)
Awarded to a student in good academic standing with a GPA of 3.3 or less who demonstrates leadership qualities towards the enhancement of the quality of student life at Seneca. The recipient must demonstrate a contribution to others and to the community by being involved (e.g. peer tutoring, organized study groups, educational and fundraising initiatives, sports, student government etc.) Preference will be given to a student who is volunteering or has volunteered at the Toronto Public Libraries. Urgen Kuyee was an engaged Seneca student and is now a proud alumni.