Seneca's Test Centres offer students and other institutions a comfortable environment for test-writing. Our Test Centres are located at the King, Markham, Newnham and Seneca@York campuses. We offer various testing services including:
- Invigilation of testing for students with accommodations
- Invigilation services for non-Seneca students
- Ontario Apprenticeship testing
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are temporarily testing remotely using Microsoft Teams
How to download Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams troubleshooting guide
Mac settings for Microsoft Teams
Skills assessment is a tool to determine academic placement for your math class during your first semester of studies. This assessment is done after you have confirmed your offer of admission. Be sure to act quickly — getting your first-semester timetable may depend on a completed assessment.
As soon as you have confirmed your offer of admission and verified that your program requires an assessment, please book your skills assessment by selecting Newnham Campus.
All appointment times are in Eastern Standard Time. Rescheduling of cancelled appointments may not be possible before the September semester start date.
If you have difficulties booking your appointment, email email@example.com
Please follow these steps before your testing appointment:
- To test, you will need a computer (desktop or laptop, not a Chromebook, iPad, cellphone or tablet) with a reliable Internet connection, webcam and audio capabilities. If a proctor is unable to clearly view you, your test environment, workspace and identification, you will not be permitted to write a test.
- download and install Microsoft Teams Desktop Application and familiarize yourself with joining a meeting (you must use your My.Seneca username and password for login)
- ensure you have created and are able to log in to Blackboard with your My.Seneca username and password; contact Seneca ITS for username and password support
- accept the email invitation you will receive to a Microsoft Teams meeting for your actual skills assessment appointment by selecting YES
- use the Help button located at the bottom left corner in Microsoft Teams for Teams support
Privacy Notice on Microsoft Teams Test Proctoring
All personal information collected for the purposes of facilitating your participation in the test is done in accordance with sections 21, 39 and 49 of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and under the legal authority of the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities Act, R.S.O. 1990, and the Ontario Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology Act, 2002, Regulation 34/03.
In order to participate in the test, you will be asked to show a piece of government-issued identification for the proctor to verify your identity. As well, your webcam and computer screen will be monitored and viewed to ensure the integrity of the test by Seneca proctors. This means that you and your immediate surroundings, including anything within range of your webcam or on your computer screen, will be monitored and viewed during your test.