Seneca's Test Centres operate under a first come, first served basis. This includes full-time, part-time, correspondence, online, external (non-Seneca) students and students who have registered with Counselling and Accessibility Services for specific testing accommodations. Due to the volume of students that we serve, we can only reserve seating for students requiring certain accommodations that have been arranged through Counselling and Accessibility Services.
- Students will be asked to provide identification in the form of a Seneca OneCard or government-issued photo identification (provincial health cards are not accepted).
- Students should arrive at the Test Centre in time to register and complete the test/exam before the Test Centre’s closing time.
- If a specific time of day is indicated on the Request to Test Form, students who arrive late will not be allowed to begin testing without providing the Test Centre with the faculty member’s written permission.
- Students are discouraged from bringing their valuables and personal electronics (cell phones, tablets, USB flash drive, laptops, etc.) to the Test Centre. Students will be asked to place all valuables and personal electronics (turned OFF) into a 30cm X 30cm sized plastic bag which will rest under the student’s desk during the duration of the test/exam. Coats, purses, backpacks, and other personal belongings are not permitted in the testing room.
- Wristwatches are not permitted to be worn in the testing room.
- No food or beverages are permitted in the testing room; however, students may bring in a bottle of water that is transparent and without a label.
- Students are permitted bathroom breaks during the test/exam. These breaks will be recorded and submitted to the professor.
It is recommended that students with accommodations who require the use of specialized computer software or services such as a reader/scribe make all necessary arrangements beforehand with Counselling and Accessibility Services.
Valuables and Personal Electronics
In order to ensure that electronics have been shut off and that the content of the plastic integrity bag does not interfere with a student's exam, plastics bags will be inspected by Test Centre staff.
Plastic bags must remain under your seat during the duration of the examination.
Plastic bag can contain your:
- Cell phones
- Personal electronics
- Recording /listening devices
- USB flash drives
- Any watches or fitness trackers