Seneca Tuition Contest
Complete the online form for a chance to win up to $5,000 towards your full-time tuition.
Contest is open to full-time, domestic students starting at Seneca in January, May or September 2020.
Congratulations to our 2018/19 Tuition Contest winner, Ivann Earl Castillo.
Practical Nursing diploma program
Seneca Tuition Contest Official Rules
The Seneca Tuition Contest (the “Contest”) is held by Seneca and runs from 10 a.m. (ET) on September 3, 2019 to 11:59 p.m. (ET) on September 7, 2020.
Entering the Contest is free. There are two ways to enter:
- Complete an online or paper entry form, at any Seneca event/visit, by providing your name, email address and contact telephone number or
- Enter tuition contest online by providing your name, email address and contact telephone number and clicking “Submit.”
A limit of one (1) entry per person will be accepted regardless of method of entry. All entries must be submitted no later than the contest closing date.
All entries become the sole property of Seneca and will not be returned. Seneca will not be responsible for entries that are lost, late, delayed, incomplete or misdirected. Seneca is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants. By entering, entrants who provide consent will receive future emails from Seneca for informational and promotional purposes. Mandatory completion of the online or paper entry form is necessary for entrant’s chance of winning.
By entering, entrants agree to abide by these rules and all decisions of Seneca, which are final in all matters relating to this Contest.
To be eligible to enter this contest, an individual must be a new, incoming, domestic student starting a full-time program at Seneca in January, May or September 2020. Contestant must be a resident of Canada (excluding Quebec).
Persons who are ineligible to win the Contest include employees of Seneca and immediate family members (defined as parents, children, siblings or spouse), regardless of where they reside.
The winner will be selected in a random drawing on September 9, 2020 among all eligible entries received by Seneca. The first entry drawn, for which the entrant satisfies the eligibility criteria, will be eligible to win the Prize. The selected entrant will be contacted by email or telephone at the address/number set out on the entry form.
Selected entrant will be required to successfully answer a time-limited, unaided, mathematically-based, skill testing question prior to prize being awarded. There is one (1) prize to be won from among all the eligible entrants received during the Contest Period.
- There is one grand prize eligible to be won, consisting of a tuition credit equal to the sum of tuition for term 1 and 2 of a full-time program beginning in January, May or September 2020 to be used in the first academic year only. (For a full-time program starting in January 2020, the prize must be used by January 2021. For a full-time program starting in May 2020, the prize must be used by May 2021. For a full-time program starting in September 2020, the prize must be used by September 2021.)
- The total value of the prize is not to exceed five thousand Canadian dollars ($5,000).
- Approximate retail value (ARV) = maximum of $5,000 CDN.
- The eligible winner must be enrolled as a new student in a full-time diploma, advanced diploma, graduate certificate or joint/degree program for the academic year starting January, May or September 2020.
- To be eligible, the winner must have been accepted and confirmed Seneca’s offer of admission and paid the applicable deposit for full-time studies on or before September 9, 2020.
- If prize dollars exceed term 1 and term 2 tuition dollars, the excess will be forfeited.
- If the winner of prize does not attend courses in term 2, the winner shall forfeit the portion of the prize that was to be applied to term 2 tuition costs.
- The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- In order to win the prize, the entrant must sign a declaration which (i) provides Seneca with the entrant’s full name (printed) and signature (ii) contains the correct answer to the skill-testing question (which must be answered by the entrant without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise), and (iii) contains a statement that the entrant has read, understood and complied with these Official Contest Rules and the entrant is eligible to enter according to these Official Contest Rules (iv) grants Seneca permission to use the winner’s name, likeness, and area of residence for the purposes of print, broadcast, digital or other advertising without further compensation.
- In the event that the winner has not yet reached the age of 18 years or the age of majority in the winner’s province or territory of residence, then the winner’s parent/legal guardian must sign the declaration to confirm compliance and consent with these Official Contest Rules and to accept the prize on behalf of the minor, and provide a release and indemnity pursuant.
- The prize will only be awarded upon winner validation and verification. If a selected entrant is unable or unwilling to comply with these Contest rules, the entry will be disqualified and another entry will be randomly drawn from the remaining eligible entries.
- No cash alternative or substitution of the prize is provided, except that Seneca, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the prize is unavailable for any reason.
- Any additional costs (including compulsory non-tuition related fees, parking or locker fees or fees associated with visas or work permits) and any applicable taxes associated with the prize and incurred by the winner are the sole responsibility of the winner and not the responsibility of Seneca.
Chances of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Unclaimed prize will not be awarded. Prize is non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded, without substitution. Seneca reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize with another prize of equivalent or greater value if necessary for any reason. No response from e-mail or phone notification after three attempts, or return of e-mail notification as undeliverable after three attempts, or pick up of prize that is unclaimed after four weeks will be determined as an unclaimed prize and will result in forfeit of prize. An alternate winner will be selected by Seneca.
All federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations apply. Awarding of prize is subject to verification of winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable or determination by Seneca that the selected entrant is ineligible will result in disqualification. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to Seneca to use winner's name and area of residence and/or likeness for purposes of advertising without further compensation unless prohibited by law. By accepting his/her prize, winner agrees to hold harmless Seneca and its respective affiliates, governors, employees, advertising and promotion agencies and assigns against any and all claims and liability (including, but not limited to, liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death) arising out of use of prize. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Seneca.
If for any reason the contest is not capable of running as planned, including tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Seneca which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this game, Seneca reserves the right at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the electronic portion of the Contest and to award the prize from among all eligible entries received prior to (or after, if applicable) action taken by Seneca. Seneca reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest (including, but not limited to, any non-human mechanism, entity) to be acting in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting in an unfair or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with the Contest will be ineligible to win.
Winner List and Official Rules
A winner list will be available 15 business days after the draw of the Contest. To receive a copy of the winner list, please send your request in writing with a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Seneca, Marketing & Communications Dept., 1750 Finch Ave. East, Toronto, ON, M2J 2X5. All requests must be received no earlier than October 2, 2020 and no later than October 16, 2020.