Seneca professors available to provide expertise on wide range of subjects
Toronto, Sep. 5, 2017 – With the beginning of the new school year, Seneca’s faculty experts are available to comment on a variety of back-to-school topics as they relate to psychology, child development, mental health, fashion, eyewear and more.
Psychology expert Laura Cavanagh is available to talk about:
- back-to-school routines;
- whether or not a child is ready to walk to school alone or come home to an empty house;
- adjusting from summer vacation to school.
Child development and ECE expert Laila Shah is available to talk about:
- helping a child succeed in kindergarten and planning for their learning;
- supporting a child’s self-esteem;
- child development milestones.
Mental health expert Tanya Shute is available to talk about:
- managing stress and anxiety as a student;
- mental health support during the school year;
- maintaining a healthy lifestyle during the school year.
Fashion history expert Dale Peers is available to talk about:
- fashion trends for fall 2017;
- fashion and self-confidence;
- fashion as a form of communication.
Opticianry expert Margaret Osborne is available to talk about:
- why back-to-school is peak time for purchasing glasses;
- protecting the eyes while studying;
- choosing children’s glasses.
For a full list of Seneca’s media experts, visit: www.senecacollege.ca/media/experts.
With campuses in Toronto, York Region and Peterborough, Seneca offers degrees, diplomas, certificates and graduate programs renowned for their quality and respected by employers. It is one of the largest comprehensive colleges in Canada, offering nearly 300 full-time, part-time and online programs. Combining the highest academic standards with work-integrated and applied learning, expert teaching faculty and the latest technology ensure Seneca graduates are career-ready.
To arrange an interview, please contact:
Seneca Media Relations
416-491-5050 ext. 77018