Fall 2016 & Spring 2017 Open House
Tuition Contest Official Rules
TO ENTER: Complete the online/paper ballot. Entering the Contest is free. Entries must be received during Seneca’s Fall 2016 Open House, which is marked by the Contest opening at 10:00 a.m. EST on November 26, 2016 and closing at 2:00 p.m. EST on November 26, 2016, or during the Spring 2017 Open House, which is marked by Contest opening at 10:00 a.m. EST on April 1, 2017 and closing at 2:00 p.m. EST on April 1, 2017. Seneca College will not be responsible for entries that are lost, late, delayed, incomplete or misdirected. Seneca College is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants. Entries will become the sole property of Seneca College. By entering, entrants who provide consent will receive future emails from Seneca College for informational and promotional purposes. Mandatory completion of the ballot is necessary for entrant’s chance of winning. For information on events, programs and college details visit www.senecacollege.ca
ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open only to prospective full-time and part-time students who, at the time of entry, will be at least 17 years of age and have completed Grade 12; or 19 years of age or over (a Mature Student). Contestants must be a Canadian resident in their province or territory of residence to enter, excluding Quebec. Employees of Seneca College and immediate family members (defined as parents, children, siblings or spouse, regardless of where they reside) are not eligible to enter the Contest. By entering, entrants agree to abide by these rules and all decisions of Seneca College, which are final in all matters relating to this Contest.
THE DRAW: The winner will be selected in a random drawing on June 16, 2017 among all eligible entries received by Seneca College. Only one entry is permitted per person. The first entry drawn, for which the entrant satisfies the eligibility criteria, will be eligible to win the Prize. The selected entrant will be contacted by email or telephone at the address/number set out on the ballot. Selected entrant will be required to successfully answer a time-limited, unaided, mathematical-based skill testing question prior to prize being awarded. There is one (1) prize to be won from among all the eligible applicants received during the Contest Period.
PRIZE: Approximate retail value (ARV) and odds of winning. One (1) prize of $2000.00 credit towards Seneca tuition will be awarded in draw:
- ARV = $2,000.00 CDN
- $2000 credit towards Seneca tuition to be used in its entirety by August 31, 2018. No cash prize will be awarded.
- In order to win the prize, the entrant must sign a declaration which (i) provides Seneca College with the entrant’s full name (printed) and signature (ii) contains the correct answer to the skill-testing question on the declaration (which must be answered by the entrant without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise), and (iii) contains a statement that the entrant has read, understood and complied with these Official Contest Rules and the entrant is eligible to enter according to these Official Contest Rules (iv) grants Seneca permission to use the winner’s name, likeness, and area of residence for the purposes of print, broadcast, digital or other advertising without further compensation. In the event that the winner has not yet reached the age of 18 years or the age of majority in the winner’s province or territory of residence, then the winner’s parent/legal guardian must sign the declaration to confirm compliance and consent with these Official Contest Rules and to accept the prize on behalf of the minor, and provide a release and indemnity pursuant. The winner will be contacted by email and/or telephone.
- The eligible winner must be enrolled as a new, full-time or part-time student in a Seneca College program for 2017 entry (January, May or September). For students who may have started classes in January or May, tuition credit can be applied towards Fall semester.
- To be eligible, the winner must have been accepted and confirmed Seneca’s offer of admission and paid the applicable deposit (for full-time studies) or registered in a course(s) (for part-time studies) on or before June 16, 2017.
- The prize will only be awarded upon winner validation and verification. If a selected entrant is unable or unwilling to comply with these Contest rules on or before June 16, 2017, the entry will be disqualified and another entry will be randomly drawn from the remaining eligible entries. Before being declared a winner, the selected entrant must also sign a declaration confirming understanding, compliance with and acceptance of the Contest rules. All entries become the property of Seneca College and will not be returned. Communication will only be entered into with the potential winner. Seneca College reserves the right, at its option, to publish any winner's name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements without further compensation to the winner.
- No cash alternative or substitution of the prize is provided, except that Seneca College, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the prize is unavailable for any reason.
- Any additional costs (including Compulsory Non-Tuition Related Fees, parking or locker fees or fees associated with visas or work permits) and any additional costs associated with the prize and incurred by the winner are the sole responsibility of the winner and not the responsibility of Seneca College.
Terms of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Unclaimed prize will not be awarded. Prize is non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded, without substitution. Seneca College reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize with another prize of equivalent or greater value if necessary for any reason. No response from e-mail or phone notification after three attempts, or return of e-mail notification as undeliverable after three attempts, or pick up of prize that is unclaimed after four weeks will be determined as an unclaimed prize and will result in forfeit of prize. An alternate winner will be selected by Seneca College.
All federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations apply. Awarding of prize is subject to verification of winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable or determination by Seneca College that the selected entrant is ineligible will result in disqualification. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to Seneca College to use winner's name and area of residence and/or likeness for purposes of advertising without further compensation unless prohibited by law. By accepting his/her prize, winner agrees to hold harmless Seneca College and its respective affiliates, governors, employees, advertising and promotion agencies and assigns against any and all claims and liability (including, but not limited to, liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death) arising out of use of prize. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Seneca College.
INTERNET: If for any reason the contest is not capable of running as planned, including tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Seneca College which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this game, Seneca College reserves the right at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the electronic portion of the Contest and to award the prize from among all eligible entries received prior to (or after, if applicable) action taken by Seneca College. Seneca College reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest (including, but not limited to, any non-human mechanism, entity) to be acting in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting in an unfair or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with the Contest will be ineligible to win.
WINNER LIST AND OFFICIAL RULES: A winner list will be available twenty-one (21) days after the draw of the Contest. To receive a copy of the winner list, please send your request in writing with a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Seneca College - Markham Campus
8 The Seneca Way
Markham, ON L3R 5Y1
Attention: Student Recruitment.
All requests must be received no earlier than July 7, 2017 and no later than July 21, 2017.