Awards: Scholarships and Bursaries
Seneca College has a number of awards open to students in all programs, as well as a number of awards available to students in specific programs:
- Awards Open to Full Time Students in All Programs
- Faculty of Applied Arts and Health Sciences Awards
- Faculty of Communication, Art & Design Awards
- Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering Technology Awards
- Faculty of Business Awards
- Faculty of Workforce Skills Development Awards
- Faculty of Continuing Education and Training Awards
- School of English and Liberal Studies Awards
- School of Liberal Arts & Academic Partnerships Awards
- Counselling, Accessibility Special Needs Awards
- English Language Institute Awards
- Renewable Degree Scholarships
- External Awards
NOTE: Information on awards is the most recent available at the time of publication. Value and availability of awards are subject to change at the discretion of both the donors and the College Awards Committee. For more information, see the next section, All About Awards.
All About Awards: Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between a scholarship and a bursary?
- Scholarships are non-repayable awards given to recognize the high level of excellence a student has achieved in his/her studies.
- Bursaries are non-repayable awards allocated on the basis of financial need and without undue emphasis on academic standing.
- Value of scholarships and bursaries range from $50 to $1,500.
Who funds these awards?
Scholarship and bursary funds are provided by individuals and organizations, as endowments or annual donations.
Am I eligible?
All students who are registered in programs of study at Seneca College may apply, although some awards are specific in nature and are restricted to students who meet the specific donor criteria stated in the award.
How do I apply?
Click here for instructions on how to apply for awards.
How are award recipients chosen?
The Seneca College Awards Committee, comprised of campus representatives from administrative, counselling and support staff, selects and approves award recipients who have applied.
How do I get my award?
You can view your awards in the student center under view my student awards. If you have been awarded a scholarship, bursary or award you will have a disbursement date and after that date a cheque will be mailed out to the current mailing address on file, please ensure it is correct. A select number of awards will first be applied to outstanding fees, those awards you will see on your student account, all others do not appear on your student account, they are mailed.
Is my award taxable?
Award money is considered part of your taxable income for the year. Go to Student Centre to view and print your T4A form for the year in which the award is paid.
Seneca Award for Syrian Refugees
We're pleased to announce that all the Seneca Syrian Refugee Awards have been awarded. Applications for this bursary are now closed.