IMCA Diver Medic – Full Course
Students of our Diver Medic Technician course will be trained in a range of advanced first aid and basic paramedical techniques. In an emergency, the DMT may be expected to assist in the initial diagnosis, tend the patient, administer medication and/or fluids and take control of the situation until a Diving Doctor or other medical help arrives.
Subjects covered in this course include:
- Systems of the body
- Monitoring vital signs
- Airway management
- Shock management
- Respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Trauma management
- Causes, effects, symptoms and management of diving injuries
- Proper use and storage of medical equipment
- Care and treatment of a patient in a hyperbaric environment
- Oxygen administration
- Medical record keeping
- Liaison with medical services
Must have unrestricted surface supplied diver certification and up-to-date diver medical.
Individuals must meet the requirements of CSA Diving Competency Standard Z275.4 or must possess IMCA recognized unrestricted surface supplied diver certification.
Course Dates – 2019
- April 29 – May 10, 2019
- May 13 – May 24, 2019
Note: no classes on May 23rd – Victoria Day Holiday
- May 27 – June 7, 2019
- June 10 – June 21, 2019
IMCA Diver Medic course fee is $2100 CAN.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will recieve:
- IMCA Diver Medic Certification
- CPR & First Aid Recertification
- Oxygen Administration Recertification
- Automatic External Defibrilator Certification
To register, please contact:
416.491.5050 ext. 55016
The IMCA Diver Medic courses will be held at Seneca College - King Campus