|Area Responsible for Administration:||Campus Services|
|Approval Authorities:||Executive Director, Campus Services
Registrar, Office of the Registrar
Senior Executive Committee
|Approval Date:||June 2017|
|Review Timeline:||As required|
To outline the process for collecting outstanding student financial obligations.
This policy applies to all Seneca students.
- Administrative encumbrance
- An electronic notice preventing registration in additional courses or programs.
- Official transcript
- An official record of academic achievement provided by the Registration Office.
- Proof of credentials
- Any official statement by Seneca that a student has graduated from a program.
Where a student fails to make full payment of any debt to Seneca by its due date, Seneca retains the right to impose the following sanctions:
- Withhold their official transcripts and/or proof of credentials and deny them the ability to view their grades online.
- Deny them further registration.
- Apply an administrative encumbrance to their student file.
- Apply a financial penalty, such as a late fee, to their student account.
A student may have sanction a, b and/or c removed by providing proof to Campus Services or the Office of the Registrar of having cleared all outstanding obligations to Seneca.
Related Seneca Policies