Our full-time faculty come from a variety of career backgrounds. Each individual offers the student his or her unique personal experiences, professional skills and communication style. Our full-time faculty are augmented and enhanced by experienced, energetic and knowledgeable part-time professors.
- A faculty member since 1995, Richard is a graduate of the Seneca Business Program.
- Previously, Richard was with the Metropolitan Toronto Police Service for 27 years, retiring as Inspector at Toronto Police C.O. Bick College.
- He is a former member of Aurora P.A.C.T. (Police and Community Together).
- John has been a faculty member since 1991.
- Formerly John was with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police for 12 years.
- He has a certificate in Photographic Techniques, is a firearms instructor and is a member of the Firearms Safety Education Service of Ontario.
- Currently John is President of Watch Hill, specializing in corporate personnel security.
Professor Rohlehr, B.A.
- A faculty member since 1993, he is also a firearms instructor.
- Mark was a Captain with the United Kingdom and Commonwealth Forces.
- Currently he is President of Corporate Safety and Security Services and a member of the Canadian Society for Industrial Security, the International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors, and the Firearms Safety Education Service of Ontario.
- He is the author of "Fundamentals of Law and Security Administration".
- John has been a faculty member since 1994
- Previously, he was with the Ontario Provincial Police
- John also brings experience from the Ministry of Correctional Services, Addiction Research Foundation, and the Ministry of Health-Psychiatric
- John was seconded for two years as an Instructor at the Ontario Police College.
Professor Skrypka B.A., M.A.
- Peter has been a faculty member since 2011. He has also been an instructor with Ontario Learn since 2008.
- Peter is a Staff Sergeant with York Regional Police and has 29 years of service. Prior to joining York, he was a Conservation Officer with the Ministry of Natural Resources.
- During his police career, he spent 10 years as a Collision Reconstructionist. He was also seconded to the Canadian Police College as the Assistant Program Coordinator in the Advanced Collision Analysis Program.
- Peter is currently serving as a National Director for the Canadian Association of Technical Accident Investigators and Reconstructionists and. He also has a graduate diploma from the University of Guelph in Public Policy and Administration, and a Diploma from Sir Sandford Fleming College in Fish and Wildlife Technology.
Professor Stringer-Hansen, B.A. (Hon.)
- Wendy has been a faculty member since 1993.
- She was formerly with Peel Regional Police for 13 years where she trained as a Technical Traffic Collision Investigator.
- Wendy was also a supervisor with Brinks Canada for 2 years.
Professor Yee, J.D. (LL.B.), H.BSc.F., Cert. Crim., Dip. B.C.
- Frank has been faculty member since 2000.
- He holds a Juris Doctor from University of Windsor, completing part of his studies at Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, and specializing in criminal Law.
- Frank has well over 25 years of experience in various capacities within the Administration of Justice. He started his law enforcement career with the Toronto Police Force, specializing in Asian Organized Crime. Subsequently, he progressed into the legal field by becoming an Assistant Crown Attorney within the City of Toronto. The highlight of Professor Yee’s legal career was his involvement on the prosecutorial team in the famous Caribana Murder Trial. Currently, he is a member of the “Defence Bar” in good standing with the Law Society of Upper Canada, specializing in criminal law.
- Frank has a rare combination of practical law enforcement, legal, and academic experiences: he can arrest you, prosecute you, defend you, all at the same time, while educating you about the law - “Frankie Knows” !
- In addition to his duties as a Professor at Seneca College, Frank is the: 1st. Vice President of OPSEU Local 560 representing approximately 1,100 Tenured and Partial Load Faculty Members with labour issues concerning the Collective Bargaining Agreement; Co-Chair of the King Campus Health & Safety Committee; and member of the Seneca College Central Health & Safety Committee. Frank’s current outside interest includes the following: 1st. Vice Commodore at the Balmy Beach Canoe Club; Board of Governors of the Ted Reeve Hockey Arena; and is the General Manager of the national ball hockey Team of Hong Kong.
Our part-time faculty bring their experience and specific expertise to the courses they teach. Many are still working in the public safety sector and this ensures our students are always connected to what is currently happening in the industry.
- Karen has been a faculty member since 2003.
- Karen was a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police for twenty-six years and has a diverse police background. Her last responsibility as a “Mountie” was as a recruiter in the Greater Toronto Area. She is still employed under contract to conduct recruiting suitability interviews for the RCMP.
- Karen volunteers in her community with the Canadian Crime Victim Foundation, Youth Justice, Belinda’s Place and the Canadian Cancer Society. As a result of these works she was awarded the Queen’s Golden Jubilee Medal and the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medal.
- Kevin has been a faculty member since 2011.
- Kevin is a former detective with the York Regional Police retiring after 30 years service
- Kevin was a member of the Forensic Investigations Branch for the final 16 years as a Police Officer and has extensive knowledge within this field.
- Rick has been a faculty member since Sept 2010.
- He retired as a sergeant from the OPP Behavioural Sciences and Analytical Services Unit: specifically with the Ontario Sex Offender Registry to coordinate province wide training of police officers to monitor sex offenders within their jurisdiction and track down non-compliant sex offenders. Previous OPP positions included the Ontario Provincial Police Academy, the Ontario Police College and an OPP Tactics and Rescue Unit (TRU) team member.
- In addition to general and specialized law enforcement duties, Rick has experience as an investigator with the Ontario Human Rights Commission, a Correctional Officer with the Canadian Penitentiary Service and as a land ordnance engineering officer with the Canadian Forces.
- Rick has bachelor degrees from the University of Toronto and Athabasca University, graduate studies from the University of Saskatchewan as well as a number of police qualifying certificates in investigative technique as well as skills based designations.
- Dave has been a faculty member since 2008.
- He is a graduate of the Fanshawe College Law and Security Administration Program.
- He was with the York Regional Police for 39 years and spent 30 years specializing in Forensic Identification. Dave retired as the Detective Sergeant in charge of Forensic Identification Services.
- Dave developed the first forensic mobile crime lab in Canada. He is a former Scenes of Crime Instructor and spent 9 years mentoring U of T Graduate Students in forensic research projects.
- Gordon has been a faculty member since 2006.
- He was a member of Peel Regional Police for 37 years where he worked in uniform patrol, Criminal Investigation (CIB) Frauds, Intelligence, Major Crime and Underwater Recovery
- Gordon is the author of the book Investigative Interviewing. He has also taught Interviewing and Interrogation and Statement Analyses to: the RCMP, Military OPP and numerous Municipal and Government Agencies.
Keith P. Melo B.A. (hons)
- Keith has been teaching for several years in emergency management, security and police foundation programs. He is also a Provincial Instructor through Emergency Management Ontario (EMO) and is a certified Professional in Critical Infrastructure Protection (PCIP).
- Currently Keith oversees emergency management and security with RioCan Management Inc., Canada's largest real estate investment trust.
- Keith has been awarded the Gwen M. Boniface Award by the Commissionaire of the Ontario Provincial Police. He is the Ex-Vice President of OVERT (Ontario Volunteer Emergency Response Team) and sits on a number of advisory committees that include ASIS (American Society for Industrial Security), Toronto Port Authority, International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the HERO Program.
Michael Shanahan B.A.A. (Justice Studies)
- Michael has been a faculty member since 2014.
- He is presently with the Toronto Police Service and has 35 years service. He holds the rank of Detective and is an Internal Affairs Investigator (Unit Complaint Coordinator - UCC) with Courts Services.
- Michael has experience as a Homicide Detective, and is a provincially accredited Major Case Manager, a provincially Certified Investigator for Sexual Assaults, Domestic Assaults, Child Abuse (Physical & Sexual) Investigator.
- Debra has been a faculty member since 2011.
- She is presently a Sergeant with York Regional Police and has 35 years of service.
- Debra is currently a member of the District Community Liaison Committee and By-Laws and Police Relations Committee.
- Debra is also a graduate of Seneca.
- Rodney has been a faculty member since 1986.
- He is a graduate of Seneca College's Law Enforcement Program (1976) and a Seneca Distinguished Alumni Award Recipient (2005).
- Rodney retired as a Staff Sergeant from the York Regional Police after 32 years of service.
- During his time with York Regional Police, Rodney led the development and opening of the Community Safety Village located at Bruce's Mill. This state of the art educational facility has often been referred to as the "Jewel of York Region" and something Rodney is extremely proud of.
- Jim has been a faculty member since 2011.
- He retired from the Toronto Police Service as a Detective after 33 years of service. His policing background includes Criminal Investigations, and Intelligence & Organized Crime. He has been a guest lecturer at local and international multi-jurisdictional law enforcement conferences and training seminars.
- Jim is the Managing Director of an Investigative Consultation Firm and is aQueens Diamond Jubilee Medal Recipient (2012).
- Kemp Has been a faculty member since 2004.
- He retired from the Ontario Provincial Police after 30 years of service. During his time with the OPP, he worked throughout Ontario.
- Kemp is a specialist in criminal investigations, physical surveillance, executive protection, and search and rescue.