All students who want to enroll in English courses (EAC or ESL) must complete an English
assessment to ensure correct course level placement. (No assessment is required to enroll in
EAC197, EAC312, EAC625, or ESL Workshops.)
Attending the assessment:
- You must register in advance of the assessment date.
- You must bring a valid government issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, citizenship
card, health card, age of majority card).
- No electronic devices or personal dictionaries are permitted in the assessment areas.
- There is a non-refundable/non-transferable assessment fee.
- If you require special accommodations, please contact Counselling - Disability, Health Services
at 416.491.5050 ext. 22900 before registering for the assessment.
There are two assessments to choose from:
ELL100 - English Writing and Speaking Assessment (ESL)
Students who would like to have their speaking ability and writing skills assessed, should
ELL100. This assessment takes approximately 2
EWP100 - English Writing Assessment
Students who are confident in their speaking ability should register for
EWP100. This assessment takes approximately
Your assessment and course placement results will be available in your
Student Centre 48 hours after your
The results of your assessment will allow you to register in courses that best reflect your
current English proficiency skill level. The results are valid for one year.