All students who want to enrol in English courses (EAC or ESL) must complete an English
assessment to ensure correct course level placement. (No assessment is required to enrol in EAC197,
EAC312, EAC625, or
Attending the assessment:
- You must register in advance of the assessment date.
- You must bring a valid government issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, citizenship
card, health card, age of majority card).
- No electronic devices or personal dictionaries are permitted in the assessment areas.
- There is a non-refundable/non-transferable assessment fee.
- If you require special accommodations, please contact Counselling - Disability, Health Services
at 416.491.5050 ext. 22900 before registering for the assessment.
Note: If you live 100 kilometres beyond a Seneca College campus, you may do a
proctored assessment. Please email Jamara Romero, program assistant,
Jamara.Romero@senecacollege.ca for information
and to register for EWP100 E1P.
There are two assessments to choose from:
ELL100 - English Writing and Speaking Assessment (ESL)
Students who would like to have their speaking ability and writing skills assessed, should
register for ELL100. This assessment takes approximately 2 hours.
EWP100 - English Writing Assessment
Students who are confident in their speaking ability should register for EWP100. This
assessment takes approximately 1.5 hours.
Your assessment and course placement results will be available 48 hours or 2 business days
following the assessment.
TO OBTAIN RESULTS -
- You may call Registration at 416-493-4144, OR
- For ELL100 results, you may call Cyndy Walker, Program Assistant, at 416-491-5050 x22507,
Tuesday - Friday, between 9:30 am and 4:00 pm
- For EWP100 results, you may call Jamara Romero, Program Assistant, at 416-491-5050 x22685,
Monday - Thursday, between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm. OR
- Continuing Education Part-time programs at 416-491-5050 x22529
- Results will also be mailed to the address you provided at the assessment session and should
arrive within a week.