To outline the process for collecting outstanding student financial obligations.
Outstanding Obligations Policy
This policy applies to all Seneca students.
An electronic notice preventing registration in additional courses or programs.
An official record of academic achievement provided by the Registration Office.
To regulate the collection of outstanding student financial obligations.
Proof of credentials
Any official statement by Seneca that a student has graduated from a program.
1. Sanctions for outstanding obligations
1.1 Seneca retains the right to impose the following sanctions where a student fails to make full payment of any outstanding fees owed:
- Withholding official transcripts and proof of credentials
- Denying online access to course work
- Denying access to grades
- Denying registration to a program or course(s)
- Applying a financial penalty, such as a late fee to the current amount owed.
1.2 To remove the sanctions, a student must provide Campus Services or the Office of the Registrar with proof of having cleared all outstanding financial obligations to Seneca.
Related Seneca Policies