Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Record financial transactions in compliance with Canadian Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for sole proprietorships, partnerships, private enterprises, publicly accountable enterprises and non-profit organizations.
- Prepare and present financial statements, reports and other documents in compliance with Canadian Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for sole proprietorships, partnerships and private enterprises.
- Contribute to recurring decision-making by applying fundamental management accounting concepts.
- Prepare individuals’ income tax returns and basic tax planning in compliance with relevant legislation and regulations.
- Analyze organizational structures, the interdependence of functional areas, and the impact those relationships can have on financial performance.
- Analyze, within a Canadian context, the impact of economic variables, legislation, ethics, technological advances and the environment on an organization’s operations.
- Outline the elements of an organization’s internal control system and risk management.
- Contribute to recurring decision-making by applying fundamental financial management concepts.