Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- identify, analyze, develop, implement, verify and document the requirements for a computing environment.
- contribute to the diagnostics, troubleshooting, documenting and monitoring of technical problems using appropriate methodologies and tools.
- implement and maintain secure computing environments.
- implement robust computing system solutions through validation testing that aligns with industry best practices.
- communicate and collaborate with team members and stakeholders to ensure effective working relationships.
- select and apply strategies for personal and professional development to enhance work performance.
- apply project management principles and tools when working on projects within a computing environment.
- adhere to ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements and/or principles in the development and management of computing solutions and systems.
- support the analysis and definition of software system specifications based on functional and non-functional requirements.
- contribute to the development, documentation, implementation, maintenance and testing of software systems by using industry standard software development methodologies based on defined specifications and existing technologies/frameworks.
- apply one or more programming paradigms such as object-oriented, structured or functional programming, and design principles, as well as documented requirements, to the software development process.
- model, design, implement, and maintain basic data storage solutions.
- contribute to the integration of network communications into software solutions by adhering to protocol standards.