Database Application Developer
Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Analyze system requirements for business computer applications.
- Work and communicate as a member of a team in the design, development and implementation of computerized business applications.
- Construct a logical and physical database design given a client’s system requirements.
- Implement a simple database application using popular relational database application software.
- Program computer applications using an object-oriented programming language.
- Develop specific business applications using a multi-tier architecture.
- Modify deployed applications using industry standard system architectures and frameworks.
- Perform basic database administration functions, including backup and recovery, and network administration.
- Implement database applications using an enterprise-level relational database product.
- Apply knowledge of data warehousing, data marts, and data mining to gather and summarize decision making information.
- Employ web technologies in database application implementation and support.
- Work effectively in web and distributed operating system environments.